Wind resource data and turbulence from the Orkney mast
datasetposted on 15.04.2021, 08:13 by Kurt Schaldemose Hansen, Nikola Vasiljevic, Steen Arne Sørensen
This resource dataset consists of 10-minute wind speed and wind direction measurements from the met mast on Burger Hill, Orkney Island, Scotland. The period includes more than 1 year of measurements, which starts in 2000.
Detailed site documentation is available here.
3) Raw time series = orkney.zip (ascii),
each with a duration of 600-3600 sec and
sampled with 1 Hz.
LocationLat: 59.116279 Long: -3.14689
DateStart date: 2000-05-04 Stop date: 2001-12-03
- Siting;>Resource assessment
- Siting;>Design conditions;>Turbulence
- Siting;>Design conditions;>Extreme wind
- Not applicable
- Measurements;>Field experiment
- Meteorological data